Mysterious Secrets and Sensuality of Veil: Workshop

  • birnur88@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2011

      Workshop: The Mysterious Secrets and Sensuality of the Veil in Belly Dance
      by Birnur Siren

      l_abe24ffe03f94f80b1b205b738bd028c

      Saturday, March 26, 2011
      4-6PM
      Open to All Levels

      This workshop covers both technique and the spirit of the veil dancing.

      What separates the great dancers from the average is the connection with our Goddess in her creative, live-giving powers. We will share the tools to awaken our inner beauty and sensuality and present it in our dance.  Whether you are a beginner or advanced, this experience will leave you empowered in your dance, and feeling wonderful about yourself!

      This workshop will also cover the basic techniques of veil dancing, some more advanced combinations, and choreography.  Working with a veil will not only strengthen and tone your arms, builds strength in the upper body and shoulders, but also elevates the level of grace, balance and fluidity in your dance.

      All skill levels are welcome. Veils will be provided, or bring your own veil. You will get the music on a CD for practice at home.

      If you want to make your own veil:
      Three yards of flowy, transparent or semi-transparent, chiffon or silk. Solid color or patterned. A standard veil is usually three yards long; an advantage of making your own is that if you are particularly short or tall, you can adjust the length to your stature. If you drape the veil evenly over your arm and hold it out at shoulder level, the veil, should fall about to the floor.

      Price: $45 in advance/$50 at the door
      Birnurdance
      Call: 646.373.0337
      25 New Street