Fwd: RE: sign-on letter for whistleblower bill

  • (no author)
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2012
    Dear whistleblower support community, please let me know if you would like your organization added to the attached sign-on letter in support of strong federal whistleblower protections. We are finalizing the first release of this letter as Congress is at a crossroads in determining how strong pending legislation, the Whistleblower Protection Enhancement Act (S. 743, HR. 3289), will be. You should have received the below note already, however please don�t hesitate to contact me with any questions. The current list of signatories is attached. To join, send me the name, title and organization that should be listed.

    Thank you,
    Shanna

    ---

    Good afternoon,

    I am contacting you because you have previously joined our organizational sign-on letter(s) to strengthen federal whistleblower protections. Efforts to enact strong reforms have come a long way in the last decade, but we have not crossed the finish line yet. Now we are at the crossroads of congressional action on the Whistleblower Protection Enhancement Act, which would overhaul the defunct current federal whistleblower statute.

    The enclosed sign-on letter will be used as our primary tool to demonstrate widespread support for strong federal whistleblower protections. If your organization would like to join this letter, please reply to shannad@... with your Name, Title and Organization.

    Further, please share any updated contact information for purposes of this letter (information will not be shared or used for other campaigns). If you would like to be more actively involved in the campaign to strengthen federal whistleblower rights (and to receive updates, action alerts, etc.), please indicate so in your reply email. Lastly, please consider sharing this letter if it may be of interest to other groups you are connected with, and do not hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have.

    This appeal is time sensitive, as Congress must finish its action by September. That means critical decisions will be made in August on the strength of rights in the final bill. To join the updated Whistleblower Protection Act sign-on letter, please send your Name, Title and Organization to shannad@... or call 202.457.0034, ext. 132.

    Note: for your convenience, the letter is provided in .doc and .pdf formats.

    Warm Regards,
    Shanna Devine
    Investigator, Legislative Campaign Coord.
    Government Accountability Project
    1612 K St NW, Suite 1100
    Washington, DC 20006
    (202) 457-0034  ext. 132 (voice)