Safe energy program director job at PSR
- SEARCH ANNOUNCEMENTPhysicians for Social Responsibility (PSR) seeks a program director for PSRs Safe Energy Program to educate Congress, the news media, current and potential allies, and the public about the economic, health and proliferation risks associated with nuclear reactors and to promote safe, clean renewable energy and efficiency as the lasting solution to climate change.
Safe Energy Program Director
PHYSICIANS FOR SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
PSR is a national not-for-profit advocacy and public policy organization that asserts a strong medical voice on security, energy and environmental health issues through education and advocacy. PSR has a grassroots network of thirty affiliated chapters across the country, forty medical student chapters, and over 50,000 members and e-activists regularly engaged on PSRs issues.
· Develop and promote constructive and proactive policies that advance program goals.
· Collaborate with allies and expert consultants to create and implement national and targeted state strategies and tactics for achieving program goals.
· Create educational materials on nuclear energy issues for policymakers and the public, including fact sheets, policy analyses, letters, and articles.
· Stay current with all related nuclear energy policy issues.
· Represent PSR and speak at internal and external educational programs and conferences.
· Develop national legislative strategy and tactics with allies and coordinate implementation of an ongoing campaign to prevent development of new nuclear reactors in the U.S.
· Educate decision-makers, including members of Congress and the Executive branch, about nuclear energy issues and advocate for constructive policies.
· Track legislation, develop policy positions, and provide leadership to influence legislation and policies related to new reactors..
· Coordinate and help execute effective media strategies and messages related to nuclear energy.
· Serve as media spokesperson and responds to press inquiries on nuclear energy issues.
· Facilitate the participation in media pushes of consultants, other experts and allies at the both the national and grassroots levels.
· Prepare media statements, advisories, and op-ed pieces, etc.
· Engage and coordinate new constituencies in advocacy for Safe Energy policies.
· Initiate and manage the development of educational events and speaking/media tours for energy experts.
· Develop strategies for increasing presence on the web to educate and mobilize concerned citizens and groups.
· Collaborate with grassroots groups and integrate them into national and state strategies.
· Provide policy and technical expertise to grassroots on federal legislation and developments at the state-level related to nuclear energy.
· Mobilize concerned citizens on nuclear energy issues via internet and other outreach strategies.
· Serve on PSRs Executive Management Team.
· Supervise program staff and consultants.
· Oversee the development and maintenance of the Safe Energy section of PSRs website.
· Serve as the primary contact with PSRs Board of Directors on Safe Energy program work.
· Work with PSRs Executive Director and Director of Finance and Administration to develop and manage the Safe Energy program budget.
The Safe Energy Program Director reports to the PSR Executive Director.
- B.A. or B.S.; Graduate degree preferred.
- Strong commitment to the mission and goals of PSR.
- Proven skills managing programs; at least 5 years professional experience in energy or climate change issues. Issue campaign experience especially helpful.
The salary for this position is competitive and includes a generous benefits package. PSR evaluates on merit and is an equal opportunity employer
Email a cover letter including salary requirements, resume, one campaign case study experience write-up, and a writing sample by Friday, Sept 24, to: employment@...
Physicians for Social Responsibility
1875 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Suite 1012
Washington, D.C. 20009