Freeware Notetab 7.01 creates same folder on desktop over and over

  • csroberts
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 9, 2014
      Win 7 with Notetab freeware 7.01.

      Every time Notetab opens, it creates the same named folder on the desktop named "Translation Folder". I can't find any settings which might do this. Anyone know how to stop this?

      Thanks.
    • Al Guevara
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 9, 2014
        Your saying its NOT THERE unopened, and after you close NTLite , its there?
      • loro
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 10, 2014
          croberts@... wrote:
          >Win 7 with Notetab freeware 7.01.
          >
          >Every time Notetab opens, it creates the same named folder on the
          >desktop named "Translation Folder". I can't find any settings which
          >might do this. Anyone know how to stop this?

          What's in the folder?

          Lotta
        • csroberts
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 14, 2014
            No. I'm saying, the folder is not there, then I start Notetab, and the folder appears on the desktop.
          • csroberts
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 14, 2014
              The created mystery folder contains nothing.
            • Andy M
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 14, 2014
                GDay croberts,

                Are you using any custom clip book libraries at all or have you selected
                one of the default libraries that creates that folder?

                --
                Regards
                Andy M

                croberts@... wrote:
                > The created mystery folder contains nothing.
              • tomhouy
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 9
                  I had this same problem as well. The solution that worked for me was to launch NoteTab and create a new file, then save it to somewhere such as my Desktop, then close out of it.

                  I think part of the problem was, was that I moved some text files I had previously been working on in NoteTab, with the application still open - and it was looking for the last folder I had saved something too, and kept re-creating it each time I opened NoteTab.