Upcoming Events

  • lportz@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 2001
      Hello everyone. I hope you are enjoying reading our new newsletter
      that should have arrived last week. Some up coming events to be sure
      to take note of are below. I invite all of you to check on the
      calendar here for more details about any of the activities. (You
      will have to sign in to activate the link to the calendar.)

      Tonight! Aug 16th 6:30 or so Happy Hour at the Flying Saucer in
      ADDISON! The last time to be in north Dallas for a while. If you
      are in the area, be sure to stop by.

      Aug. 27 Steering Committee Meeting Chili's at Preston and LBJ (SW
      corner) 6:00pm contact Lynn Portz 214-821-6697 (lportz@...)
      if you have any questions, concerns, or something you would like to
      have put on the agenda.

      Sept. 1-3 Labor Day weekend camping trip at the Chickasaw National
      Recreation Area in Sulphur, Oklahoma. Chickasaw National Recreation
      Area is located 120 miles north of Denton. Take Interstate Highway I-
      35 to Davis, Oklahoma and turn right (east) on State Highway 7 to
      Sulphur. The fresh water and mineral springs, the Travertine Nature
      Center, and Cold Springs Camp Area are on the edge of town but the
      Buckhorn Campground is 7 miles south off of Highway US 177. Advance
      sign-ups are not required but contact the Hromatkas to give them an
      idea of how many people to expect.

      There are no admission fees. The cost for camping per night per site
      is $8.00 for a non-utility site, $14.00 for an electrical and water
      hook-up site. We will camp in the Buckhorn Campground, about 7 miles
      south of Sulphur on the Lake of the Arbuckles.

      Saturday, September 8 from 6:30-10:00 pm.
      Hosts are: Jim and Kathy Wohlgehagen (RPCV's Lesotho 71-73) 972-458-
      7530

      Place: 13218 Spring Grove, Dallas 75240 (mapsco 16N) Located North of
      LBJ-635 and south of Alpha Rd, between Coit and Hillcrest.

      To Participate: Call to reserve your tickets before Sept. 4th at
      $15/person. Lynn Portz at 214-821-6697 or Jerry Hamm at 214-826-
      4757. Tickets at the door will be $25. All proceeds will go to the
      Peace Corps Partnership Project. If you would like to cook, help out,
      or have questions please contact Lynn or Jerry
      This is a BYOB event. Soft drinks will be provided.

      Sept. 15 Hearts and Hammers contact Gary Zimny 214.357.8337 7:30 am,
      4 ish. We will be working this year on the home of Dorothy Trudell
      and her husband at 3522 Jeffries in the Fair Park area of South
      Dallas.