Date was missing on previous message!

  • yokobo2004
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 19 12:37 PM
      On August 22nd, join the North Texas Peace Corps Association for the film Youssou N'Dour: I Bring What I Love.

      We will meet beforehand at the Trinity Hall Irish Pub (at Mockingbird Station)
      at 6:00p.m. for a drink or a bite to eat.

      Unfortunately, the film director is not going to make it, but we may have some
      PC Africa volunteers speaking after the film!

      The movie will begin at 7:15p.m.

      The Angelika offers tickets at $6 each for groups of 25+ (usual price is $10).
      Please RSVP so we can get an idea of whether or not we will have at least 25
      people attending. At 7:00 we will meet in front of the theatre and see if we
      meet the 25 mark! Please bring cash so we can purchase the tickets together in
      one transaction to get the group rate.

      Contact Bonnie with questions by phone at 972-804-3899 or by email at
      yokobo@....

      Not familiar with the film?

      Shadow Distribution is proud to present the U.S. theatrical release of YOUSSOU
      N'DOUR: I BRING WHAT I LOVE, a music-infused cinematic journey about the power
      of one man's voice to inspire change. The film chronicles Africa's pop sensation
      Youssou N'dour, a devout Muslim, as he releases his most personal and
      controversial album called Egypt in the hope of promoting a tolerant face of
      Islam. While the record received international acclaim and a Grammy, it was
      denounced as blasphemy in his native Senegal. Director Chai Vasarhelyi follows
      Youssou N'dour for over two years -- filming in Africa, Europe, and America --
      to tell the story of how he faces these challenges and eventually wins over
      audiences both at home and abroad. (102 min./PG/35mm/In English, French, Arabic,
      Wolof with English subtitles)

      YOUSSOU N'DOUR: I BRING WHAT I LOVE has won multiple awards worldwide including
      the Circle Audience Award - Film Fest DC, Impact of Music Award - Nashville Film
      Festival, Special Jury Prize - Middle East International Film Festival, Audience
      Award and Spirit of Freedom Award - Bahamas International Film Festival.

      "A singer with a voice so extraordinary that the history of Africa seems locked
      inside it." - Rolling Stone

      "A stirring story of an artist and a hero." - NBC/Reel Talk

      "A beautiful meditation on faith, Islam and music." - The Huffington Post

      See the trailer for YOUSSOU N'DOUR: I BRING WHAT I LOVE at
      www.ibringwhatilove.com