Youssou N'Dour: I Bring What I Love-Times Announced

  • yokobo2004
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 18, 2009
      Join the North Texas Peace Corps Association for the film Youssou N'Dour: I Bring What I Love.

      We will meet beforehand at the Trinity Hall Irish Pub (at Mockingbird Station) at 6:00p.m. for a drink or a bite to eat.

      Unfortunately, the film director is not going to make it, but we may have some PC Africa volunteers speaking after the film!

      The movie will begin at 7:15p.m.

      The Angelika offers tickets at $6 each for groups of 25+ (usual price is $10). Please RSVP so we can get an idea of whether or not we will have at least 25 people attending. At 7:00 we will meet in front of the theatre and see if we meet the 25 mark! Please bring cash so we can purchase the tickets together in one transaction to get the group rate.

      Contact Bonnie with questions by phone at 972-804-3899 or by email at yokobo@....

      Not familiar with the film?

      Shadow Distribution is proud to present the U.S. theatrical release of YOUSSOU N'DOUR: I BRING WHAT I LOVE, a music-infused cinematic journey about the power of one man's voice to inspire change. The film chronicles Africa's pop sensation Youssou N'dour, a devout Muslim, as he releases his most personal and controversial album called Egypt in the hope of promoting a tolerant face of Islam. While the record received international acclaim and a Grammy, it was denounced as blasphemy in his native Senegal. Director Chai Vasarhelyi follows Youssou N'dour for over two years -- filming in Africa, Europe, and America -- to tell the story of how he faces these challenges and eventually wins over audiences both at home and abroad. (102 min./PG/35mm/In English, French, Arabic, Wolof with English subtitles)

      YOUSSOU N'DOUR: I BRING WHAT I LOVE has won multiple awards worldwide including the Circle Audience Award - Film Fest DC, Impact of Music Award - Nashville Film Festival, Special Jury Prize - Middle East International Film Festival, Audience Award and Spirit of Freedom Award - Bahamas International Film Festival.

      "A singer with a voice so extraordinary that the history of Africa seems locked inside it." - Rolling Stone

      "A stirring story of an artist and a hero." - NBC/Reel Talk

      "A beautiful meditation on faith, Islam and music." - The Huffington Post

      See the trailer for YOUSSOU N'DOUR: I BRING WHAT I LOVE at www.ibringwhatilove.com