Film, Food, Fun, and Inspiration! Youssou N'Dour: I Bring What I Love

  • yokobo2004
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2009
      Film, Food, Fun, and Inspiration! Come see the film Youssou N'Dour: I Bring What I Love!

      Date: Saturday, August 22, 2009

      Time: Evening (Times to be announced, film likely to start between 7 and 8 p.m.)

      Location: Angelika Film Center, Mockingbird Station, 5321 E. Mockingbird Lane, Dallas, TX 75206

      Save the date!

      Join the North Texas Peace Corps Association for the film Youssou N'Dour: I Bring What I Love.

      We will meet beforehand at the Trinity Hall Irish Pub (at Mockingbird Station) for a drink or a bite to eat.

      Showtimes will be announced by the Angelika on August 18th, so look for our future e-mails for exact meeting times.

      Contact Bonnie with questions by phone at 972-804-3899 or by email at yokobo@....

      Not familiar with the film?

      Shadow Distribution is proud to present the U.S. theatrical release of YOUSSOU N'DOUR: I BRING WHAT I LOVE, a music-infused cinematic journey about the power of one man's voice to inspire change. The film chronicles Africa's pop sensation Youssou N'dour, a devout Muslim, as he releases his most personal and controversial album called Egypt in the hope of promoting a tolerant face of Islam. While the record received international acclaim and a Grammy, it was denounced as blasphemy in his native Senegal. Director Chai Vasarhelyi follows Youssou N'dour for over two years -- filming in Africa, Europe, and America -- to tell the story of how he faces these challenges and eventually wins over audiences both at home and abroad. (102 min./PG/35mm/In English, French, Arabic, Wolof with English subtitles)

      YOUSSOU N'DOUR: I BRING WHAT I LOVE has won multiple awards worldwide including the Circle Audience Award - Film Fest DC, Impact of Music Award - Nashville Film Festival, Special Jury Prize - Middle East International Film Festival, Audience Award and Spirit of Freedom Award - Bahamas International Film Festival.

      "A singer with a voice so extraordinary that the history of Africa seems locked inside it." - Rolling Stone

      "A stirring story of an artist and a hero." - NBC/Reel Talk

      "A beautiful meditation on faith, Islam and music." - The Huffington Post

      See the trailer for YOUSSOU N'DOUR: I BRING WHAT I LOVE at www.ibringwhatilove.com