International Dinner -- May 30

    Message 1 of 1 , May 17, 2009

      First, have you replied to you "evite" to the Peace Corps dinner on May 30 --  the Peace Corps Partnership fundraiser yet?  It is only two weeks away!

      Second, we still need a couple more cooks for that night.  Do you care to prepare a Latin American dish?  The prior message is below.

      Best wishes,

      Ed Hromatka
      972-722-5254 - home
      214-564-7201 - cell

      The feast will begin at 6 PM on Saturday, May 30 at Olga Jacob's home at 1903 Mill Run Drive, Arlington (near Hurricane Harbor).   That's right -- half way between Dallas and Fort Worth so to be convenient for everyone!

      We are again asking nine or ten volunteer cooks to prepare an ethnic dish that can feed 15 or 20 people.  Those who cook (and the cook's spouse/friend) will eat free while the other guests will donate $20/$25 a piece to help support a Peace Corps Partnership project.  (Even if you did not live in Latin America but have a favorite Latin America dish, you can still volunteer cook.)   Won't you volunteer to help this great cause?

      If you want to cook, please respond quickly with a phone call to Ed Hromatka at 972-722-5254 (home) or 214-564-7201 (cell) or by email to Ed at hromatka@sbcglobal. net.  Please provide him with your name, phone number, and the name of the dish you intend to make.

      Of course, if you are not interested in preparing ethnic foods, we hope that you will then be attending as a paying guest (BYOB).

      Finally, don't forget to invite your friends to the party-dinner on May 30.