Calling All Latin American Cooks -- May 30

    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2009

      Hola, amigos!    The North Texas Peace Corps Association is having one of its biannual International Dinners on May 30 to raise money for the Peace Corps Partnership program and you get to provide "la comida."

      The feast will begin at 6 PM on Saturday, May 30 at Olga Jacob's home at 1903 Mill Run Drive, Arlington (near Hurricane Harbor).   That's right -- half way between Dallas and Fort Worth so to be convenient for everyone!

      We are again asking nine or ten volunteer cooks to prepare an ethnic dish that can feed 15 or 20 people.  Those who cook (and the cook's spouse/friend) will eat free while the other guests will donate $20/$25 a piece to help support a Peace Corps Partnership project.  (Even if you did not live in Latin America but have a favorite Latin America dish, you can still volunteer cook.)   Won't you volunteer to help this great cause?

      On the other hand, you might want to consider making a dessert or a salad.  (A back-up, alternative dish is also a good idea to offer if you have one in case others plan to make the same dish.)

      We expect that we will have to limit the free dinners to the first nine or  ten  volunteer cooks.  So please respond quickly with a phone call to Ed Hromatka at 972-722-5254 (home) or 214-564-7201 (cell) or by email to Ed at hromatka@....  Please provide him with your name, phone number, and the name of the dish you intend to make.

      Of course, if you are not interested in preparing ethnic foods, we hope that you will then be attending as a paying guest (BYOB).

      Finally, don't forget to invite your friends to the party-dinner on May 30.

      Best wishes,

      Ed & Maria Hromatka
      972-722-5254 - home
      214-564-7201 - cell