Fw: Senate Passes Historic Legislation!

  • Gary Zimny
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2009

      --- On Thu, 3/26/09, Alan Khazei <Alan_Khazei@...> wrote:
      From: Alan Khazei <Alan_Khazei@...>
      Subject: Senate Passes Historic Legislation!
      To: zimzim9@...
      Date: Thursday, March 26, 2009, 5:58 PM

      Service Nation
      Dear Friend,

      The Senate has passed the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act 79-19!

      The legislation will now be reconciled with the GIVE Act.  Once settled, the largest expansion of Service programs in our lifetime will land on President Obama's desk, waiting for his signature.  This is a truly historic occasion, and this victory would not have been possible without your calls and letters!

      Thank you so much for all of your work urging Congress to pass this legislation.

      We're going to send Congress a Thank You note, and we're inviting the supporters of this legislation to sign!  Click here to add your name to the Thank You!

      Yours,
      Alan Khazei

      FacebookTwitterCity YearCity YearPoints of Light InstituteBe The Change Inc.

      Remove your name from any future bethechangeinc.org mailing: Unsubscribe

      Be the Change, Inc.
      2 Canal Park
      Cambridge, MA 02141
      Non-Profits Email Free with VerticalResponse!