Fw: GIVE Act Passes, Call Senate Now!

  • Gary Zimny
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 20 8:21 AM

      --- On Fri, 3/20/09, Brittny Saunders <Brittny_Saunders@...> wrote:
      From: Brittny Saunders <Brittny_Saunders@...>
      Subject: GIVE Act Passes, Call Senate Now!
      To: zimzim9@...
      Date: Friday, March 20, 2009, 9:53 AM

      Service Nation

      Call the Senate

      Dear Friend,

      Great news! On Wednesday the House of Representatives passed the GIVE Act to greatly expand meaningful service opportunities for all Americans, with a strong bipartisan vote of 321-105.

      Your work helped make it happen.

      But while this is a fantastic breakthrough, the job is not yet done.  The action now moves to the Senate, and we need you to help make sure that the Senate passes the companion Serve America Act when it comes to a vote early next week.

      Please call your Senators right away to ask them to support this crucial bill.

      If we can help get the Serve America Act passed, President Obama will soon sign historic legislation and make a huge downpayment on his pledge to make service “a cause of my presidency.”

      We’ve come a long way together in our campaign to help unite Americans and solve problems through service, but we cannot stop now. The Serve America Act is the final step, and your voice can make a big difference, just as it did in the House.

      Let your Senators know that you are ready for a new era of service. Please call now!

      Thank you for your energy and idealism. We could never have advanced this far without your help. Now let’s work together to pass the Serve America Act and deliver bold service legislation to President Obama’s desk.

      Yours,

      Brittny

      FacebookTwitterCity YearCity YearPoints of Light InstituteBe The Change Inc.

      Remove your name from any future bethechangeinc.org mailing: Unsubscribe

      Be the Change, Inc.
      2 Canal Park
      Cambridge, MA 02141

      Non-Profits Email Free with VerticalResponse!