Host a Korean Fulbright Teacher in February 2009!

  • sunflowercourtney
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2008
      Hello RPCV's!

      The University of Texas at Arlington will help coordinate the stay
      of two Korean Fulbright Teachers from February 5-18, 2009. The
      teachers will spend part of their time at a local elementary school
      and part of their time at UT Arlington in an effort to become
      familiar with the US education system.

      We are looking for two families to host the Korean Fulbright
      teachers, preferably in the Arlington area. We do not yet know the
      gender of the teachers, so we would prefer for couples to volunteer
      as host families.

      Homestay Hosts will provide the following:
      • Private bedroom (May be shared with a second Korean teacher
      of same gender in separate beds if necessary)
      • Direct access to bathroom facilities
      • A desk with appropriate lighting
      • A closet and drawer space
      • Warm blankets—Koreans are not accustomed to American heating
      systems
      • Daily breakfast and evening meal
      • Daily transportation to and from school assignments
      • Opportunities for sightseeing in the area and cultural
      activities in the community

      Please contact Julie Holmer at jhomer@.../817-272-2355 if you
      are interested, and she will be glad to share more details.

      Thanks!

      Courtney Bauman
      cbauman@...
      Namibia 2003-2005