Re: [N Tx Peace Corps] Happy Hour at Gloria's Restaurant, 8/28/2008, 6:30 pm

  • Erin Finn
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 24, 2008
      Hi, I'm a volunteer from Lesotho 03-05.  I live in FW and am a single parent.  I haven't been able to attend any events, but if you have one in FW - I'm there!  Thanks!

      Erin

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 25, 2008
        So, will this week's Happy Hour still be at Gloria's?  Are we considering Ft. Worth for next time?  Just want to make sure that I show up at the right place.

        And Erin, I would love to hear all about Lesotho.  I was a volunteer in Namibia in 03-05 and spent some time in Lesotho - loved it!

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 25, 2008
          Yes we are still at Gloria's in N. Dallas this week.

          Next week at Steering Comm. mtg we'll pick upcoming months'  Happy Hours.  We'll pick another Ft. Worth location-we usually do one there a couple times a year.

          Erin, you have to be sure to bring your friends!

          Gary

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 26, 2008

            Title: Happy Hour at Gloria's Restaurant

            Date: Thursday August 28, 2008
            Time: 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
            Location: SE corner of Beltine Rd. and Dallas North Tollway, Addison

          • Travis Fitzgerald
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 8, 2008
              Hi all-

              A friend of mine is doing some consulting work for Kiva, the world's first person-to-person micro-lending website. They are looking to pattern some of its programs off of the Peace Corps. They are also looking for any former PCVs who are interested in getting back into the field. They offer individuals a rare opportunity to travel abroad and work directly with a Microfinance Institution—witnessing first-hand the impact of providing sustainable financial services to low-income entrepreneurs.

              Kiva Fellows offers individuals a rare opportunity to travel abroad and work directly with a Microfinance Institution—witnessing first-hand the impact of providing sustainable financial services to low-income entrepreneurs.

              You can be a key link between Kiva, the microfinance institutions and the entrepreneurs— chronicling the lives of the working poor and assisting the microfinance institutions with your expertise.

              On-going 10 week to 1 year volunteer internships exist in 40 different countries.  For more information, you can contact tamara@... or go to their website at http://www.kiva.org/about/fellows-program/.

              Thanks!

              -Travis
              Togo, 05-07