Re: [N Tx Peace Corps] Happy Hour at Gloria's Restaurant, 8/28/2008, 6:30 pm

  • Irene Gracia
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 24 1:26 PM
      I was just about to RSVP to go..but then realized this was the glorias in Dallas...I would love to see some events in the FW area...have fun..irene..

      Date: Thursday August 28, 2008
      Time: 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
      Next reminder: The next reminder for this event will be sent in 3 days, 4 minutes.
      Location: SE corner of Beltine Rd. and Dallas North Tollway, Addison

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 24 3:43 PM
        Where in Ft Worth do you suggest?

        Ed Hromatka
        I was just about to RSVP to go..but then realized this was the glorias in Dallas...I would love to see some events in the FW area...have fun..irene..
      • Kathy Murray
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 24 3:52 PM
          I would highly suggest the Flying saucer...its my favorite in fort worth.  I too would like to see more in Ft. Worth.  :)

          I was just about to RSVP to go..but then realized this was the glorias in Dallas...I would love to see some events in the FW area...have fun..irene..

        • Erin Finn
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 24 5:43 PM
            Hi, I'm a volunteer from Lesotho 03-05.  I live in FW and am a single parent.  I haven't been able to attend any events, but if you have one in FW - I'm there!  Thanks!

            Erin

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 25 8:24 AM
              So, will this week's Happy Hour still be at Gloria's?  Are we considering Ft. Worth for next time?  Just want to make sure that I show up at the right place.

              And Erin, I would love to hear all about Lesotho.  I was a volunteer in Namibia in 03-05 and spent some time in Lesotho - loved it!

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 25 9:14 AM
                Yes we are still at Gloria's in N. Dallas this week.

                Next week at Steering Comm. mtg we'll pick upcoming months'  Happy Hours.  We'll pick another Ft. Worth location-we usually do one there a couple times a year.

                Erin, you have to be sure to bring your friends!

                Gary

                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 26 4:25 PM

                  Title: Happy Hour at Gloria's Restaurant

                  Date: Thursday August 28, 2008
                  Time: 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
                  Location: SE corner of Beltine Rd. and Dallas North Tollway, Addison

                • Travis Fitzgerald
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 8, 2008
                    Hi all-

                    A friend of mine is doing some consulting work for Kiva, the world's first person-to-person micro-lending website. They are looking to pattern some of its programs off of the Peace Corps. They are also looking for any former PCVs who are interested in getting back into the field. They offer individuals a rare opportunity to travel abroad and work directly with a Microfinance Institution—witnessing first-hand the impact of providing sustainable financial services to low-income entrepreneurs.

                    Kiva Fellows offers individuals a rare opportunity to travel abroad and work directly with a Microfinance Institution—witnessing first-hand the impact of providing sustainable financial services to low-income entrepreneurs.

                    You can be a key link between Kiva, the microfinance institutions and the entrepreneurs— chronicling the lives of the working poor and assisting the microfinance institutions with your expertise.

                    On-going 10 week to 1 year volunteer internships exist in 40 different countries.  For more information, you can contact tamara@... or go to their website at http://www.kiva.org/about/fellows-program/.

                    Thanks!

                    -Travis
                    Togo, 05-07