More info on RPCV Float Trip on Guadalupe River on Aug 2

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 2008
      Sent: Sunday, July 13, 2008 10:11 PM
      Subject: RPCV Float Trip on Guadalupe River is Almost Here... Aug 2!

      Hi Everyone!

      Thanks for your interest in the RPCV tubing trip on the Guadalupe River!  Below are more details on the event.  Please feel free to forward this note to any other RPCV's that may want to join us.  Non-RPCV guests are always welcome, of course.

      Accommodations:

      Camping at Roy's Rentals is $10 per person.  We have a site reserved under my name (Stacey Abella) that can accommodate you, as otherwise they book up far in advance.  If you want more information on the camping, website is www.roysrentals.com or call them at 830-964-3721.

      * Many of the hotels in the area may be booked at this point if you've not already reserved.  Please email me and Karla at karlaheld@... and we can try to help you if you are struggling to find a hotel.

      Tubing:

      Meet at 12:30pm on Sat., Aug 2 for tubing, and we'll plan to push off at 1pm sharp.  Meeting place is Roy's Rentals, located at 6530 River Road in New Braunfels, zip code 78132.  Follow this link for map and directions: http://roysrentals.com/map.htm  Tubes can be rented for $16 each, and with a large group they'll throw in ice chest tubes for free, so bring your beverage of choice if desired.  In any case, you'll want some water, sunblock, and a hat!  Kayaks and inflatable boats are also available though more expensive than tubing... I can give you details if you're interested.  We will tube their 2 1/2 hour course.

      Saturday evening barbecue:

      Meet at 7pm at RPCV Karla Held's place, who has kindly offered her backyard for a barbecue!  Her address is 1039 Driftwind Dr., Canyon Lake, 78133.  Here is a link to the mapquest directions from Roy's Rentals http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1a=6530+River+Road&1z=78132&2a=1039+Driftwind+Drive&2z=78133  Her place is located about 25 miles from Roy's so allow a little extra time.  For the barbecue, please bring your beverage of choice, an appetizer or snack or side dish, and some extra cash to chip in for the grilled meat/veggies.  If you're tubing, there are a few grocery stores between Roy's and Karla's place; we'll provide directions if you need to pick up some food or drinks on the way.

       Even if you've rsvp'd previously, please email me at stacey_abella@... with the following information:

      - Do you attend to camp?  If so, please provide number in your party and when you will arrive.  (We've reserved both Fri&Sat so you're welcome to make a weekend of it if desired)

      - Do you plan to rent a tube?  If so, please provide number in your party.

      - Do you plan to attend the barbecue?  If yes, please provide number in your party and also let us know if you're vegetarian or have any other dietary restrictions.

      Looking forward to seeing you then!  Please email me or call at 832-668-6643 if you have any questions.

      Stacey