Re:[N Tx Peace Corps] RE: New Peace Corps legislation

  • zimzim9@juno.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2002
      Thanks, John.

      I feel that with some changes-delete 4th goal (it's redundant), restore 2nd goal language, change "should" to "shall", other minor changes, this legislation could be good. I will let the sponsors and writers know of my concerns, and everyone who has an opinion should also. Hopefully I'll see Dave Hibbard et al at the RPCV 40th + 1 Conference in two weeks.

      I will post the results of our poll on the group site. Since our group doesn't have a formal lobbyin/endorsement process we may not be able to endorse anything as a group, but we can shar with our members' responses.

      Gary

      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
    • Rob Solarion
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 7, 2002
        Leave the law alone. Peace Corps Volunteers would be much better off
        working under the original law signed by President John F. Kennedy than
        under any modifications that would foster the political ambitions of (gag)
        George W. Bush, who shouldn't even be "President" in the first place. If
        it ain't broke, don't fix it! Roberto in Mount Pleasant