Appeal from Friends of Burkina Faso

  • Gary Zimny
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2008
      Dear Group Leaders and RPCVs,

      Thank you so much to all of you who have rallied on behalf of the Friends of Burkina Faso (FBF) in America's Giving Challenge!  We have been so impressed by the outpouring of support that has kept FBF climbing up the donation ladder for the race to be awarded $50,000 for our "Lambs for School" project.

      Though we know that there are many good charities to support in this challenge, we really believe strongly in our community-driven project to educate 900 young girls in rural Burkina Faso.  Therefore, we are reaching out to you again in hopes that you'll mobilize your members to support a sister organization such as FBF!

      Our top competitor has rallied a whole university campus but I think we can do more by rallying the ENTIRE RPCV Community!!!!!!

      And we are the only Peace Corps-affiliated group in the running for $50,000!  We'd like to both succeed in winning the $50,000 for our fellow Burkinabe, and meet the Peace Corps' 3rd goal by putting Burkina Faso on the map in the eyes of many Americans who don't realize that a primary and middle school education aren't a given in some parts of the world like our little corner of rural West Africa.

      So what can you do?  Please donate $10 and please encourage your members to as well.  We need as many individual one-time only $10 donations as we can generate before 3pm EST on Thursday, January 31.

      We are currently in 3rd place but only 70 donations separate the top 4 and #5 is not far behind!

      If you have not already done so, please send a broadcast message out to your membership encouraging them to rally for our cause.

      $10.  One time only.  As many new donors as we can get.

      Thank you for your support!!!!

      Kristie McComb
      President
      Friends of Burkina Faso