International M-bag Mail Petition Progress

  • Gary Zimny
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2007
      NTCPA members: please act on this if you haven't already. Gary Zimny

      Hi Everybody,

      I'm happy to announce that the national petition urging restoration
      of affordable int'l mail for humanitarian purposes, and critical in
      the work of an estimated third of all PCVs, continues to creep
      forward, reaching 6,628 signatures this week. This petition began as
      an RPCV undertaking, an example of the sort of effort directly and
      substantially benefitting the Peace Corps, and at no cost to it. The
      effort now encompasses all sorts of organizations and individuals.

      This petition is a remarkable grassroots statement of "The People",
      and we are hoping that it eventually will transcend the stubborn,
      chronic indifference that seems to prevail.

      You can review the petition, and add your signature and comment, by
      clicking http://www.petitiononline.com/zikomo/petition.html

      Thanks, and best regards, John Turnbull New Mexico Peace Corps
      Assoc