Saving International Surface Mail

  • chapinr75081
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2007
      From: John Turnbull <jat123@...>
      To: NPCA Group Leaders <groupleaders@...>
      Subject: Fw: Saving Int'l Surface Mail
      Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 18:38:05 -0600
      Hello PC Groupleaders, I hope groupleaders will Fwd this to their
      membership, with encouragement to add their names and comments. The
      Postal Service has provided us the opportunity to express ourselves
      concerning this recent decision, and we shouldn't waste the
      opportunity afforded us. Background was sent out earlier by RPCV
      Virginia Pulver, and basically has to do with eliminating inexpensive
      international surface mail, by which all textbooks and printed
      material have traditionally been shipped, in favor of faster air mail
      -- at three to four times the cost. The comments that have been
      recorded here are inspiring. Click link below. John Turnbull
      Santa Fe New Mexico Peace Corps Assoc.

      Subject: Saving Int'l Surface Mail

      Hi Everybody,

      Great news ! Our national petition to the US Postal Service passed
      3,000 today. The distinction of no. 3,000 goes to RPCV Betsy Brunstad
      (location unknown). Thanks also to our own Christine, Greg, Anne,
      Cynthia, Anita, Robin, Erika, Peggy, Karen, Rita, Leah, Emily,
      Jennice, Dawn, and many others who can't be identified. It seems that
      the women have swept the field on this one.

      Replies come from many different people, and from places as diverse as
      South Africa, Malawi, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Israel, and
      England. Keeping the supply of school textbooks, medical texts, &
      cetera coming to schools and hospitals in developing countries is an
      international concern.

      The Postal Service examines our petition daily and wants to know what
      you think, so if you haven't recorded you name and comment, please
      join the team. Click http://www.petitiononline.com/zikomo/petition.html

      Thanks again, John Turnbull Santa Fe