SUMMER POOL PARTY, 6/23/2007, 6:00 pm

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 9, 2007

      Title: SUMMER POOL PARTY

      Date: Saturday June 23, 2007
      Time: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
      Next reminder: The next reminder for this event will be sent in 7 days, 4 minutes.
      Location: 7044 Royal Lane, Dallas TX
      Notes: Our summer pool party has been revived and is being hosted by Tim Chaney at his home in N. Dallas on Saturday june 23 at 6 pm. The pool is full, water volleyball is waiting for players, the paddle boat is ready in the pond, and bring a pole and you can fish too! The grill will be fired up, so bring some meat or vegetables to burn, and a side dish, and share as you want. BYOB, soft drinks and icy coolers will be provided. Children are welcome! So are jarts, croquet, and frisbees.
      NOTE: parking is limited, so please park across Royal Lane on St. Judes Dr.
      The address is 7044 Royal Lane, Dallas TX 75230, and Tim's phone number is 214-502-9426.

      Come one, come all, for a wet and fun evening!

    • (no author)
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 10, 2007

        This from my friend in PC Morocco. I tried to send it to the
        whole group but I'm not sure it worked. It sounds like a hoot and
        someone here might be able to host Haider. Good luck to all,

        Becky Toomay

        Hi ya gang!

        Hope you are all well. So i have this friend. his name is
        haider. he's a fulbright student from iraq studying at the
        New School and has also been a journalist for ABC (he's a
        producer on GMA, was embedded with troops in Iraq, covered the
        war in Afghanistan, roomed with Peter Jennings, yes, I could go
        on.... and guess what, he's only 22!). He is taking the summer
        to SEE america and meet americans and is looking for places to
        crash. I am pasting some information from him below, but
        PLEASE let me know if you have a floor, couch, or inflatable to
        crash on. Or maybe you know someone else who does....

        I hope you're all fantastic. (feel free to forward on to
        friends in other places who may be able to help) Erin Olson

        Good day everyone,

        Im a Fulbright grantee from Iraq, studying in Manhattan, NYC.
        In few days i will start driving across the US with my roomate
        to talk to Americans around the country about the war in Iraq
        and discuss different political views regarding US foreign
        policy.

        I will be setting a booth in every state (a mobile booth that
        im driving

        with) with a sign that says 'Come Talk to an Iraqi'. I will be
        showing images, playing Iraqi music and answer question about
        culture, history and religion in Iraq.

        The trip will be filmed and broadcasted as a reality show/
        documentary on

        national radio and television. It will be aired on NPR and on
        Showtime by the program 'This American Life'.

        If any of you have any ideas or suggestions regarding people
        to meet, places to visit, or even recommendations about what
        should be addressed then please feel free to write me back.

        Below is a list of the places i will be driving across. If any
        of you can put us up for a night or so or know of someone who
        would then ill highly

        appreciate that. Otherwise if you can recommend hotels/motels
        of reasonable prices then that would be appreciated as well.

        STATES I WILL BE VISITING IN THE FIRST PART OF THE TRIP

        Maryland, DC, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina,
        Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, Texas, San Francisco, LA,
        Arizona, Los Vegas, Grand Canyon

        I will then cut from the middle back east to NY. Still didnt
        decide on that part yet. Im now looking mostly to places to
        stay in DC, Virginia, South

        Carolina (Savannah and Jackson Ville) and also San Francisco,
        LA, Los Vegas and Grand Canyon. I would highly appreciate any
        offers/suggestions and also willing to pay a contribution.

        Again, if you have any thoughts or ideas then please email me
        back directly on the address
        haidoori_h@...

        I look forward to hearing from you.

        Haider (Hod)