Join VISTA for 8 to 10 week assignments in the heart of New Orleans
- The youth of New Orleans need your expertise, energy and compassion this summer.Living in communities that have yet to be rebuilt, with school done for the year, thousands of young people are facing a summer with no structured, interesting activities to occupy their time and energy.With your help, thousands of kids can be engaged in meaningful, constructive projects that will better themselves and their communities through academic tutoring, computer literacy, recreation programs, arts and cultural enrichment, service-learning, and other activities.Join VISTA for 8 to 10 week assignments in the heart of New Orleans working with such great organizations as to Catholic Charities; Young Audiences; New Orleans Outreach; New Orleans Police Foundation (Cops for Kids); Louisiana Children's Museum ; Boys & Girls Club; Urban League; Vietnamese Initiatives in Economic Training (VIET); and the Youth Empowerment ProjectPositions start early June 2007 and finish service mid-August 2007 and include.
If you are interested please apply by May 28th online at: https://recruit.cns.gov/searchDetails.asp?listingid='LA312066-11'&If you are an AmeriCorps alumni, to access your application in the recruitment system, please send an email to admin@... with your name, last four digits of your social security number, and email address with the following subject line Unlock Application for New Orleans Summer OpportunityIf you are currently serving in an AmeriCorps program, please note that you will need to complete your current term of service by June 15, 2007 to be eligible for this opportunity.Yours in Service,AmeriCorps*VISTA
- Living allowance of $865 per month
- Subsidized local transportation
- Free housing on a university campus
- $1,000 Segal education award for those that complete 8 weeks of service
- Potential travel subsidy to and from New Orleans