A number of quick RPCV items

    Message 1 of 1 , May 17, 2007
      1)  At our Steering Committee meeting on May 7, our present leader and "facilitator" Linda Tucker gave her resignation.  She will become a recruiter at the Regional PC Recruiting Office and is required to step down.  Further, Joan Matray who was just elected last February also has informed us that she will resigning from the Steering Committee as well to rejoin Peace Corps in Guyana in a couple weeks.
      I was little surprised to note that the NTPCA By-laws do not specifically address successions like these.  But then its structure is basically a "committee of the whole" where anyone can speak up, "take ownership" of an idea, and move forward.  At risk of saying the obvious, please consider assuming a leadership role.
      2)  The Sixth Floor Museum in Downtown Dallas is hosting a special program on John F Kennedy and the Peace Corps on Friday, May 18 at 2 PM.  One of the featured speakers is Allen Mondell, an RPCV and Dallas film maker.
      3)  I believe the preliminary figure on the profit from our International Dinner at Kathy Carson's home was $495 for the Peace Corps Partnership program.  A big round of applause for Kathy -- and Olga Jacobs who provided the entertainment.
      4)  Eleven of us enjoyed the live guitar music, great atmosphere, and fine wine at San Martino Vineyard last Friday.
      5)  Remember that the upcoming Happy Hour next Tuesday, May 22 at 6:30 PM at the Flying Saucer in Addison.
      6)  Remember that the upcoming Dallas Symphony concert on Memorial Day May 28 at Flag Pole Hill, Northwest Highway at Buckner Rd in NE Dallas.
      Ed Hromatka