Micro-lending opportunities

  • chapinr75081
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2007
      I am sure that many in our community have heard of or even experienced
      micro-lending in the developing world. Micro-lending as implied in the
      name are very small loans, not grants or gifts, that the borrowers use
      to start or expand businesses and has been very successful in lifting
      many people out of poverty. As some of you may recall Muhammad Yunus
      won the Nobel Peace Prize last year for developing micro financing in
      Bangladesh. Check out www.kiva.org where you get information on the
      borrowers, check their progress and loan repayments, set up your
      lending portfolios. Skip going out for dinner and drinks one day this
      week and you will have enough capital to become an international
      banker. Nicholas Kristof had a very good article about this in the NY
      Times on March 27th. I would have forwarded the article but our Yahoo
      site does not allow us to send attachments. If you can't access the
      article send me an e-mail and I will forward the article to you.
      Regards,
      Roger Chapin
      chapinr@...