Vote Online For A Global Health Initiative

  • Jennifer Staple
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15 8:34 AM
      _Please Take 1 Minute To Vote Online - Your Vote is Very Important.  Please Forward This Message Widely._

      Unite For Sight Won $10,000 Thus Far. Help The Nonprofit Win $15,000 More. 100% To Fund Eye Care Worldwide. Help Unite For Sight Make A Difference.

      http://www.brickawards.com/vote [Click on Jennifer STAPLE (center) in the Health Category To Vote For Unite For Sight]  Please send an email to brickvoting@... to let us know that you voted, and please indicate who referred you.

      Unite For Sight's Impact
      *Services For More Than 400,000 People Worldwide
      *More Than 6,000 Sight-Restoring Surgeries Thus Far, and 6,000 Anticipated in 2007
      *4,000 People Involved on 5 Continents, Making A Difference To Cure and Prevent Blindness
      *Providing eye care, education, and community development on 5 continents

      "The question I have always asked myself is 'what would have happened to all these people who have benefited from Unite For Sight programs had the organization not come to their aid?' It is likely that many would have perished in their agony." --Dr. James Afful Clarke, Ophthalmologist,Crystal Eye Clinic, Ghana

      "As each day passes, my faith and belief becomes stronger in the fact that our desire to serve the poor patients and their desire to see wouldn’t have been possible without the assistance of Unite For Sight." --Dr. Ajit Sinha, Director, A.B. Eye Institute; President, All India Ophthalmological Society

      Please forward this message widely to friends, colleagues, and family.  To show our gratitude for your support, we will give a Unite For Sight Special Service Award to the individual who REFERS THE MOST VOTES, as confirmed by voter emails sent to brickvoting@...  Be sure that anyone referred states who referred them in their email to brickvoting@....  The Unite For Sight Special Service Award will include a certificate, press release, and profile on the Unite For Sight website.

      Unite For Sight has been awarded $10,000 thus far from the BRICK Awards, which has been dubbed by CNN as "the Oscars of youth service awards."  The award was determined by an extensive review process regarding the leadership, impact, and success of the organization.  Celebrities who are involved with the BRICK Awards include: President Clinton, Susan Sarandon, Jimmy Fallon, Mary J. Blige, and Jewel.  Oprah Winfrey says that the BRICK Awards: "reward young people who come up with creative ways to change the world."

      We have an opportunity to also receive a GOLDEN BRICK Award and an ADDITIONAL $15,000 BASED ON ONLINE VOTING ON YAHOO.  100% of the award will fund Unite For Sight's eye care programs worldwide.

      Unite For Sight will be recognized for receiving the $10,000 BRICK Award at a star-studded awards ceremony in Nokia Theater at Times Square in New York City on April 10, 2007.  The recipients of the additional $15,000 GOLDEN BRICK Award will be announced at the ceremony in April.  The BRICK Awards will air on the CW Television Network at 9pm EST on April 12, 2007.

      IT TAKES LESS THAN 1 MINUTE TO VOTE. PLEASE VOTE FOR UNITE FOR SIGHT BY CLICKING ON "JENNIFER STAPLE" ON THE VOTE PAGE [HEALTH CATEGORY]: http://www.brickawards.com/vote

      Learn More About Unite For Sight (http://www.uniteforsight.org):

      What Several of Unite For Sight's Partner Eye Clinics Say:
      • "Unite For Sight has touched the lives of so many people in Ghana and reduced the suffering of mankind. Many people now see Unite For Sight as a symbol of hope.  The question I have always asked myself is 'what would have happened to all these people who have benefited from Unite For Sight programs had the organization not come to their aid?' It is likely that many would have perished in their agony." --Dr. James Afful Clarke, Ophthalmologist/Medical Director, Crystal Eye Clinic, Ghana
      • "Visits of Unite For Sight volunteers help us enormously. They assist us in eye camps when we do surgeries, help us in out reach clinics screening patients for eye diseases and children for refractive error.  They help us check vision and distribute glasses. Each volunteer also gives a presentation to the local ophthalmologist on global community ophthalmology at our eye clinics, which is very informative for all.  As each day passes, my faith and belief becomes stronger in the fact that our desire to serve the poor patients and their desire to see wouldn’t have been possible without the assistance of Unite For Sight. --Dr. Ajit Sinha, Director, A.B. Eye Institute; President, All India Ophthalmological Society
      • "With the help of Unite For Sight and its Volunteers we are able to improve in the number of free cataract surgeries.  Prior to our association with Unite For Sight we were doing around 10-30 free cataract surgeries each month. With the help of Unite For Sight we were able to improve our surgical statistics three to four folds and our free surgical volume increased to around 100 each month.  Every dollar of donation given to Unite For Sight is reaching to the deepest corners of the world and impacting changes in lives of people by giving them the gift of vision."--Dr. T. Senthil, Ophthalmologist, Uma Eye Clinic and Vision Foundation, Chennai, India
      • "I must say that Unite for Sight volunteers have come to give hope to the people of Tamale and Northern Region, and all of us appreciate the wonderful work these volunteers are doing for these poor and vulnerable people who otherwise would not have access to quality eye care services." --Dr. Seth Wanye, Eye Clinic of Tamale Teaching Hospital, Ghana
      • "I have no word to express our gratitude for your hard work and untiring commitment towards the eye care work world wide and putting optimum effort to recruit all good volunteers for deployment. As we have been working with partnership by deploying volunteers to our Kalinga Eye Hospital and NYSASDRI based in Orissa, India, it gives me immense  pleasure for such worth while partnership for restoring vision of thousands of eye sight from the remote and rural villages. Your support for conducting cataract surgery for poor patients empowered them to live independently and earn their own bread."--Sarangadhar Samal, Director, NYSASDRI, Kalinga Eye Hospital, Orissa, India
      Thank you for your support,
      Unite For Sight
      http://www.uniteforsight.org