Engineers Without Borders Kick off meeting for 2007

  • Samantha Garvin (Sam)
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2007
      I wanted to let everyone know about an opportunity to get involved
      with a wonderful group called Engineers without Borders.

      I will highlight that you don't need to be an Engineer to involved
      (I am not). Please e-mail me if you would like to attend our meeting.

      We are looking people to become part of our group.

      The goals fall in line with many of our goals as Peace Corps
      volunteers.

      Engineers Without Borders is a non-profit humanitarian organization
      established to partner with developing communities worldwide in
      order to improve their quality of life. This partnership involves
      the implementation of sustainable engineering projects, while
      involving and training internationally responsible engineers and
      engineering students.

      The activities of EWB-USA range from the construction of sustainable
      systems that developing communities can own and operate without
      external assistance, to empowering such communities by enhancing
      local, technical, managerial, and entrepreneurial skills. These
      projects are initiated by, and completed with, contributions from
      the host community working with our project teams.

      Our meeting information for February is as Follows:

      Join us for Pizza at the

      Engineers without Borders

      2007 Kickoff meeting

      on February 1st

      from 7pm-8pm

      Location: University of Texas at Arlington
      Nedderman Hall Room 601

      Our Guest Speaker is Bob Walker the Executive director for Uni-Bell
      PVC Pipe Association. Uni-bell is a international nonprofit
      engineering association dedicated to helping people gain access to
      safe sustainable water through use of PVC pipes.

      We hope you can attend!

      The event is free, but if you would like to make a small donation we
      would appreciate it.

      You can also donate at: http://www.ewb-usa.org/chapters.php?ID=839

      Please pass this e-mail on if you know someone who might be
      interested who is not a member of the Return Peace Corps Group.

      If you would like to find out more about Engineers Without Borders
      please visit our website at: www. ewb-usa.org.

      Please e-mail me with questions at sgarvin@....

      Thanks!

      Samantha Garvin