Peace Corps Week with Dallas Regional Office

  • Burkholder, Megan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2007

      Hello RPCV,

      As many of you already know Peace Corps week, February 26 though March 3, is just around the corner.  I hope you have received information from DC about this week and opportunities to promote the 3rd goal of Peace Corps: “helping promote a better understanding of other peoples on the part of Americans.”  We have materials in our office if you are interested in speaking about your experience with an audience.  Please let us know if you would like any materials.

      Peace Corps proclamations have been requested from Fort Worth, Dallas, and Denton and will be announced at local meetings.  The City of Fort Worth would like to present the proclamation at the council meeting on February 20.  If anyone in Fort Worth is interested in receiving it at the meeting, please let me know as soon as possible.

      In Dallas I am organizing a panel discussion/Peace Corps week celebration on February 28 at the Center for Community Cooperation from 6:30-8p.m.  I would love to have about 4 people to participate in this event – sharing your experience with the audience.  I hope to have volunteers from a few different decades and varying backgrounds and job assignments.  If you are interested, please let me know.

      Thank you for your help and support.

      Megan Burkholder

      207 S. Houston St., Room 527

      Dallas, TX 75202

      Regional Recruiter

      Romania 2000-2002

      Phone: 214-253-5417 or 1800-424-8580, option 1, X-5417

      Fax: 214-253-5401

      www.peacecorps.gov