New Years Eve Eve Eve Party & Additional Optional Art Event

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2006
      Happy Hour at 6:30 PM on December 28:

      If you want to celebrate the New Year a little earlier -- without the jacked-up prices and highways full of drunks -- we have just the event for you!   Or if you just want an early start on New Year's Eve partying, we also have the event for you.

      Join us at the next North Texas Peace Corps Happy Hour at 6:30 PM on Thursday, December 28 at Stratos Greek Tavera, 2907 W Northwest Hwy. Dallas -- one mile east of I-35E in the Bachman Lake area.

      Happy hour prices include $2.50 domestic beer, $3.00 margaritas, $3 one-liquor drinks, and $5 appetizers plates, and $9.50 "beer buckets."

      Besides the darn good Greek food, on Thursdays, there is a belly dancing show and "instruction" at 8:30 PM and meringue dancing instruction at 9:15 PM.  For more information: click on this link: http://clubstratos.com/dialup.htm

      Additional Art Event at 5 PM on December 28

      Can you get off work early?  Meet us earlier at 5 PM on the same day December 28 at the Meadows Museum to see the "From Cranach to Monet: Highlights of the Pérez Simón Collection" exhibit during its final few days.  This private collection features 46 different artists, including masterpieces by Cranach, Rubens, Van Dyck, Canaletto, Goya, Leighton, Corot, Cézanne, Gauguin, Monet, Renoir, and Van Gogh.

      Since the exhibit is free after 5 PM on Thursday, you will save the usual entrance fee of $8.  The Meadow Museum is at 5900 Bishop Blvd, just off Mockingbird on the Southern Methodist University campus.  For more information, click on: http://www.meadowsmuseumdallas.org/exhibitions_current.htm
      Ed Hromatka
      972-722-5254 - home
      214-564-7201 - cell