  • chapinr75081
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2006

      Are you ready to make a difference—again? Be a part of Peace Corps

      Peace Corps Encore! (Encore!), a unique 501(c)3 non-profit
      organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks an experienced and
      dynamic Operations Director, who must be a Returned Peace Corps
      Volunteer (RPCV) or former Peace Corps staff person. The Operations
      Director will assist the Executive Director in growing this exciting
      new organization by establishing administrative and financial systems,
      managing day-to-day operations and also supporting fundraising,
      recruitment and program development.

      Encore! has had an exciting pilot year and we'd like an Operations
      Director to join our senior management team to help us establish
      effective operational systems and procedures so that we may continue
      to grow and develop.

      The Operations Director will provide strong leadership and skilled
      management to all administrative and operations functions, including
      financial management and budgeting, grants management, record-keeping,
      and information technology. We expect the person in this new position
      to establish, develop and continuously improve the quality and
      efficiency of our administrative, finance, and technology functions in
      keeping with our plans for growth and expansion. As this is a start-up
      non-profit, the Operations Director will also be expected to
      contribute to fundraising efforts, help expand programming activities,
      aid in marketing and recruitment, and take on additional
      responsibilities as requested.

      The position requires energy and passion for international development
      and volunteer service as well as a strong background in nonprofit or
      small business management. It presents a rare professional opportunity
      to play a leadership role in an entrepreneurial and innovative
      organization and requires someone who is spirited, creative,
      hard-working, and unafraid of risk!

      The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:

      · Prior service with Peace Corps as a volunteer (RPCV) or staff
      member and a belief in the mission of Encore!;

      · Degree in international development, business administration,
      nonprofit management, or related field, with leadership and operations

      · Experience and expertise in a wide range of nonprofit
      management processes and proven success with strategic planning,
      business development, budgeting, financial management, grants
      administration, information technology solutions, and project management;

      · Proven track record introducing and managing change and
      improvement in a start-up or small organization with interest working
      in an entrepreneurial and creative environment;

      · Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications

      · Able to think creatively and strategically to successfully
      engage potential volunteers and donors and form partnerships with
      external organizations;

      · Flexibility, ability to work independently, humility, and a
      sense of humor!

      The Operations Director will be based at the Encore! office in
      Washington, D.C. Starting salary is $50,000-$60,000 depending upon
      experience, with opportunity for growth as Encore! expands. A benefits
      package is provided. Applications will be accepted until position is
      filled. The position is expected to start in December 2006 or January

      TO APPLY

      Please send a resume or CV, along with a cover letter detailing how
      you meet the above qualifications, to: Maura Fulton, Executive
      Director, Peace Corps Encore!; 1411 K Street, NW, Suite 1400,
      Washington, DC, 20005; fax: 202. 637.2737; or email:
      opportunity@.... No phone calls, please.

      "Once a Peace Corps Volunteer, Always a Peace Corps Volunteer"