Fw: NPCA Past Chair Nominated As PC Director

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26 5:00 PM
      [A Minnesotan too]

      Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 9:31 AM
      Subject: NPCA Past Chair Nominated As PC Director

      Dear Group Leaders,

      I am very pleased to share with you the news that Ron Tschetter has been nominated to be the 17th Director of Peace Corps.  (Below are links to the White House news release mentioning the appointment, as well as a link from Ron’s company.)

      Ron and his wife Nancy were volunteers in India.  Given that, we are very pleased that Ron's background meets the essential criteria NPCA expressed to the White House Personnel Office.

      We are also grateful that Ron knows NPCA well as past Chair and current member of the Director’s Circle.

      We very much look forward to working with Ron as the next director in strengthening the partnership between Peace Corps and NPCA, especially around Third Goal Activities in which your groups are so deeply engaged.

      NPCA stands ready to assist Ron through the confirmation process, which hopefully will be completed before the October Congressional Recess.

      I hope you are having a great summer and look forward to seeing many of you in September.

      With very best wishes,

      Kevin Q.

      http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2006/07/20060725-5.html

      <http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20060725006188&newsLang=en>