Peace Corps Director Leaving

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25 6:28 PM
      April 25, 2006

      From:              Gaddi H. Vasquez, Director

      Subject:          Announcement

      Earlier this afternoon, President Bush announced his intention to nominate me as the United States Representative to the United Nations Agencies for Food and Agriculture.  This is a tremendous honor, and I am humbled by the faith the President has placed in me.

      If the Senate approves my nomination, I will be honored to serve in this new capacity.  In the meantime, there is still much work to be done here at the Peace Corps, and I look forward to continuing my work with you supporting the almost 8,000 Volunteers we have serving throughout the world.