Speaker needed for Farine Elementary (Irving ISD)

  • Burkholder, Megan
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2006

      Dear fellow RPCV,

      Farine Elementary Assistant Principal is looking for a speaker who is interested in sharing their Peace Corps experience.  Please respond to her email directly if you are interested.  Listed below is the message she sent to me the other day:

      Hello,

      We are currently in full swing planning for the 2006 Career Day at Farine.  I would like to cordially invite you to come be a part of our Career Day which will be held on May 19, 2006, from 8:00-2:30.  We would love for you to come and speak to the students about your career, how you got there, and what it takes day to day.  The kids love to hear about you and what your days are like, along with any props you may want to bring.

      You may request whatever time frame during the day that works for you (i.e. I can come all day, or I can come from 9-10, etc), what grade(s) you would like to speak to, and if you need any equipment etc.  We would be happy to work around your time and schedule.

      Please let me know if you are interested or if you can stop by for a few minutes.

      Career Day is one of the many highlights each year for the students/staff and it is all due to your time and generosity.  I would like to thank you in advance for considering Farine and I look forward to seeing you this year!

      Lisa Molinar

      Assistant Principal

      Farine Elementary

      (972) 261-2700

      lmolinar@...

      www.irvingisd.net/~lmolinar

      "Peace Corps at 45, a legacy of service at home and abroad"