Update from Jaime Lee of the Austin RPCVs on the Rio Bravo Mexico Work Project Trip

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2006
      I hope this is the message that many of you have been waiting to read! In a few weeks we will be leaving Austin on our annual Spring Break trip to Rio Bravo Mexico. We have a great list of projects to complete this year, and I hope all of you can join us for 4 great days. We will be working to organize the trip this year, but we will need your help. In the next week, look out for the official sign-up. In the mean time, save the date!

      SIGN-UP:
      Look out for details... coming soon!

      THE SCHEDULE:

      Sunday, March 5, 3:00pm
      Join us for a FUN orientation and organizational meeting [in Austin] (optional but strongly encouraged): DETAILS TO FOLLOW
      ----------------------------
      Thursday, March 16, morning
      Leave Austin. At the orientation you will receive information about rides / caravan.

      Friday and Saturday, March 17-18
      Work on-site in Rio Bravo on Friday and Saturday.

      Sunday, March 19
      Leave Rio Bravo

      WEBSITE:
      Please go to our website,
      www.my-amigos.org
      and see the specific information about how we do things, as well as pictures of the volunteers and of Rio Bravo.

      REGISTRATION / TRIP COST

      The participation cost for this trip is $40 per person. This includes your on-site lunches on Friday and Saturday, dinner at OK Pancho's on Saturday night, a donation for the community, and commemorative Amigos t-shirt. This does NOT include your hotel (which ranges from $8 - $20 per person per night depending upon which hotel you stay at and how many people share the room), transportation (or gas) down to Rio Bravo, breakfasts, or food on the two travel days.

      FYI:

      * We always need people who will drive, and who can take one or two or three passengers. The drive is not hard, it takes about 6 hours, and is 325 miles from Austin to the hotel in Rio Bravo. Please consider being a driver. Your passengers will share your gas costs. The parking at the hotel is guarded and fenced . The parking at the worksites is usually right where you will be working. There is more information about driving on the website.

      * We recommend that every look into the Hepatitis A Vaccination. Contact your primary care physician or local Travel Clinic for more information.

      As always, please do not hesitate to call or email us with any questions or concerns.
      Hasta pronto!

      Jamie Lee 512-228-3948 jamie@...