Highland Park High School looking for RPCV speaker

  • Burkholder, Megan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2006

      Please read the following message:

      From: Anne Balden [mailto:anne@...]
      Sent:
      Wednesday, January 04, 2006 8:59 PM
      To: dallas@...
      Cc: anne@...; baldena@...
      Subject: speaker

      I am an English teacher at Highland Park High School and was hoping to find a speaker for senior AP Literature classes who are currently studying Barbara Kingsolver's novel The Poisonwood Bible which focuses on a missionary family in the Congo.  Is there any local contact who could come speak, this month preferably, about experiences in Africa, and if possible, in particular in The Congo?

      If so, is there a stipend?  Also, if you know of any native African speakers who could relate well to this age group (maybe even at the same time as the above) that would also be great.

      You may contact me best through e-mail.  Thank you in advance.

      Anne F. Balden

      anne@...     (home e-mail)

      baldena@...   (work e-mail)

      972-960-8367 (home phone)

      214-893-5120 (cell phone)

      Megan Burkholder

      207 S. Houston St., Room 527

      Dallas, TX 75202

      Regional Recruiter

      Romania 2000-2002

      Phone: 214-253-5417 or 1800-424-8580, option 1, X-5417

      Fax: 214-253-5401

      www.peacecorps.gov