Letter from the President of NPCA

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2005
      Dear Member of the Peace Corps Community:

      As you prepare for a busy holiday season, please take a moment to read and respond to the latest news from the National Peace Corps Association (NPCA):
      • Please give us your input

        The NPCA would like to create an online community where you can engage with others around critical global issues, share your Peace Corps stories, reconnect with friends and more. Please let us know what you would like that online community to be by taking a few minutes to complete our online survey, found at http://www.peacecorpsconnect.org/pages/survey.cfm?id=58 .

      • Deployed for Peace: NPCA Holiday Campaign

        Just in time for your last-minute holiday shopping - NPCA has released a limited-edition long sleeve t-shirt for sale.

        Hand-printed on sweatshop-free fine cotton (from American Apparel) and screened with non-toxic ink, it displays our newly refreshed logo (on the back of the shirt). These shirts are a great way to make a statement and stay warm during the holiday season. The front of the shirt includes a "deployed for peace" slogan - in response to attempts by the Department of Defense to tie their recruitment efforts to Peace Corps service. Let the world know where you stand on this issue!

        Orders will be processed right away, to help ensure that this great gift to your friends and family arrives in time for Chrismukkah/Kwaanza.

        Every purchase you make supports NPCA's continued advocacy efforts on this issue. NPCA continues to work for the Peace Corps community and seeks to foster peace through service, education and advocacy.

        This exclusive NPCA design is a limited-run item, so order while supplies last at http://www.peacecorpsconnect.org/merchandise .

      • Special issue of WorldView on Water

        The Winter 2005 WorldView will be mailed December 16. It's a special issue sponsored by the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation on the growing world water crisis. Read the public health and human rights assessments of two MacArthur Fellows, learn about the widening crisis from the RPCV president of the World Resources Institute, and follow a woman in search of water for her family. Other articles cover what UNICEF, Oxfam, Peace Corps and RPCVs are doing; how USAID has helped Afghanistan and Iraq to reclaim their war-torn resources; and reports from India, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Ghana, Mali, South Africa, Uganda and other water-scarce regions of the world. Consider giving a gift subscription to your local library or a friend. To subscribe or to access key stories before the magazine hits your mailbox, or to download a lesson plan based on this special issue, visit the NPCA website at http://www.worldviewmagazine.com .

      • Please support our efforts

        NPCA is making progress on our efforts to separate Peace Corps service from military recruitment campaigns, to engage individuals in educating their children and their neighbors from a global perspective, and to serve the global community at home and abroad. Membership dues alone do not cover all of our expenses. Please consider a year-end gift to support our efforts by logging in via the "support" link off our homepage, http://www.peacecorpsconnect.org . (You may also go directly to https://www.npcaonline.org/npcassa . Use the "forgotten your password" link if you need assistance.) Thank you!

      On behalf of all the NPCA staff and Board of Directors, very best wishes for a joyous holidays and a peaceful New Year.

      Kevin F. F. Quigley
      President, NPCA
      Thailand 1976-79

      National Peace Corps Association