Girl Scout Troop guest speaker request in The Colony

  • Burkholder, Megan
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2005

      Hello North Texas RCPVs,

      Kecia Slaughter for Junior Girl Scout Troop 599 in The Colony contacted me to see if anyone is available to talk to her troop about their Peace Corps experience.  Here is the information she provided:

      I thank you for getting back with me.  We are a Junior Girl Scout Troop of 11 year olds.  We normally hold our meetings at The Colony Church of Christ on the 2nd and 4th Fridays of the month from 7:30 - 9:30 pm.  Whoever gives the talk could maybe do about 5 - 10 minutes of going over what the volunteers do and share any experiences that they have had, with time for questions and answers.

      Our meetings for December are December 2nd and December 16th due to the Holidays and school closure.  January is back on regular schedule.

      We are completing a Badge called Humans and Habitats and one of the activities in that badge is to find out more about the Peace Corps.  Some have gone on-line to your website but there is nothing like talking with someone face to face.

      Let me know where the volunteer would be coming from and I can give you better directions.

      Again, I thank you for your help.

      Kecia L. Kelly-Slaughter

      972.466.3326

      Kecia.Slaughter@...

      Please contact her directly if you are interested.

      Megan Burkholder

      207 S. Houston St., Room 527

      Dallas, TX 75202

      Regional Recruiter

      Romania 2000-2002

      Phone: 214-253-5417 or 1800-424-8580, option 1, X-5417

      Fax: 214-253-5401

      www.peacecorps.gov