Upcoming North Texas PC Assn Christmas Events

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2005

      My request to include more late articles has caused a delay in the NTPCA newsletter.  So here are a couple advance announcements on two upcoming events.   The newsletter will be sent in the next couple days.  Thanks for your patience.  Ed Hromatka

      1)  Scottish Rite Hospital Tree Decorating Event

      When:

      Tuesday, November 29, 2005 at 5:30 PM

      Where:

      Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children,

      2222 Welborn Street, Dallas TX 75219

      We will decorate a Christmas tree at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital. The theme for our tree is “Peace and Global Understanding,”  and we will be using our ornaments from previous years, but we would like to add to the tree.

      Bring an ornament.

      This year we ask each participant to bring an ornament that represents global peace, cross-cultural understanding or the country you served in. Be sure the item is not made of anything breakable. If anyone else wants to donate an ornament but will not attend the November 29 event,contact Kathy Carson directly.

      Sign up now.

      We can only have ten people on our decorating team, so it is first come, first serve. Let Kathy Carson know by phone (214) 378-9443 if you want to participate.

      Dinner.

      The hospital will be providing dinner for all tree elves, so be sure to let Kathy know if you are planning to stay for dinner.

      Other info:

      Parking is free in the garage or on the surface lots. We will meet in the main lobby at 5:30 p.m. for the event kick-off.

      2)  Annual Christmas Party will be Saturday, December 10 at 7 PM at Mr. and Mrs. Gary Zimny.  They live at 3839 Valley Lawn Place, phone (214) 357-8337. Bring a plate of food, alcoholic beverage if you wish to drink, and good used coat or sweater (or cash) to assist the Dallas chapter of the International Rescue Committee.