Crisis Corps Volunteer/Evacuee in Fort Worth

  • kaphaizi1973
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 19, 2005
      Hello fellow RPCVs!
      My name is Tom Cullen, I was a PCV in Malawi from 99-01, and am
      currently serving in the Crisis Corps to aide evacuees from the Gulf
      region. As a resident of New Orleans, I am also an evacuee, and
      thought that crisis corps would be a great use of the time while they
      get things back up and running in the crescent city...
      Along with several other volunteers, I have been posted in Fort Worth
      to help the evacuees in that community. As I have been living in
      hotels and on couches for the last month, I was really hoping to find
      a room or apartment to rent in the Fort Worth area during my stay. In
      addition, I'm hoping not to spend the entire stipend at hotels that
      have recently increased their rates....
      So, if any of you might have a room, apartment, or backyard space for
      a tent, I would be happy to chip in financially or in any other way-
      I will have a rental car (covered by FEMA) and won't be around too
      much (12 hour days are supposed to be the norm). I am very friendly,
      and would be eternally grateful (you will definitely have a place to
      stay at Mardi Gras! :))
      Thanks very much!
      tom
      504-220-1236 this is my new orleans number and service might be a
      little bit spotty- it might take a couple tries (sorry).
      unfortunately. internet access is also spotty on the road...