October 1 International Dinner, etc

  • Ed Hromatka
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2005

      We basically put our International Dinner on hold for our Hearts & Hammers project -- which was a great success yesterday due to Gary Zimny, a half dozen RPCVs, and a cast of three or so dozen students from Jesuit High and Ursuline Schools    Kudos to Gary and all his high energy!

      Now we need:

      • Cooks to prepare Latin American dishes for our autumn fund-raiser dinner on October 1 at Carl Youngberg's house, 309 North Waterview Drive, Richardson
      • Ticket buying guests for those not cooking.

      In addition, all RPCVs and families from Louisiana and Mississippi Gulf Coast are welcomed to come as our special guests (free of charge).

      The idea is simple, Latin American RPCVs prepare the dinner.  The other RPCVs -- and the general public -- pay $15 (if paid in advance) for the food whose proceeds are then donated to the Peace Corps Partnership program. For example, the proceeds of our last three international dinners went to help a computer education project of Dallasite Chris Ross in Thailand.

      Again, cooks and the cooks' families get to eat free.

      To (1) volunteer to cook or (2) make an reservation for dinner, please

      call Jerry Hamm at 214-826-4757 or email him at hammj@....
      Ed Hromatka
      NTPCA  Facilitator
      214-564-7201
      PS.   We'll see also you at this Thursday's Happy Hour at  Zaguan, 2604 Oak Lawn, Dallas, (which has an interesting menu of Colombian, Venezuelan, and Spanish items).