Unity Day on September 11

  • khatar1864
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2005
      I am excited to invite the RPCV community of North Texas to Unity
      Day on Septembe 11. In part because of my service as a PC volunteer
      in Morocco (88-90), I have become involved in organizing this event
      along with the North Texas Muslim community as part of their
      outreach to the non-Muslim population in their efforts to develop a
      more authentic basis of understanding.

      Please contact me to RSVP, and/or for answers to any questions you
      might have, and/or if you would like me to send you the fully
      formatted and color flyer (I can't seem to find a way to attach it
      to this email).

      The particulars are as follows:

      The Muslims Of North Texas Invite You To

      SEPTEMBER 11, 2005

      Prayers for Peace, Healing & Unity from Multiple Faiths

      Frisco Convention Center
      7601 Gaylord Parkway, Frisco, TX 75034

      5:00 PM – 7:00 PM on Sunday, September 11, 2005

      Mayors: Mike Simpson, Frisco – Pat Evans, Plano – Becky
      Carrollton – Joe Chow, Addison. Guadalupe Gonzales - FBI SCI,
      Wildenthal - Provost UTD, Dr. Yusuf Zia Kavakci,
      Rabbi Robert Haas, Dr. Poras Balsara, Regina Rafraf, Dr. Auriana
      Judie, Ben Boothe, Mary Ann Thompson-Frenk, Sherri Reed, Swami
      Nityananda Prabhu, Dr. Harbhajan Singh.

      (For an updated list of organizations, see www.unitydayusa.org)

      RELIGIOUS: West Plano Presbyterian Church, The Reformed Church of
      Plano, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic Church, Adat Chivram
      Synagogue, Islamic Association Of Collin County, Islamic Association
      Of North Texas, Islamic Association Of Carrollton, Ismaili Muslim
      Community, Bohra Muslim Community, Shia Muslim Community, Madinah
      Masjid, Muslim Community Center, The Bahai Faith, Zoroastrian
      Association, Hare Krishna Temple, Sri Shridi Sai Baba Temple, Sikh
      Study Circle, Interfaith Center, Federation Of Jains Associations,
      Jain Society, International Shinto Foundation, Center For Spiritual
      Living, Sanctuary For Life, North Texas Hindu Mandir, Lewisville
      Masjid, Texas Muslim Women's Foundation

      COMMUNITY/GOVERNMENT: United Nations Association Of Dallas, Council
      On American Islamic Relations, Indian Muslim Council, Free Muslim
      Coalition, Peace Makers Of Dallas, Orbits Of Influence, Freedom And
      Justice Foundation, Pakistan Community Service, CAIR-DFW, Dallas
      Concilio, UT Dallas Student Government Association, UT Dallas Muslim
      Student Association, Department Of Justice – Community Relations,

      FBI Dallas.

      Lee Holcombe 972-883-6410 or

      Hosted By: The American Muslim Forum, The Islamic Association of
      Collin County and The Foundation for Pluralism.