Regional Recruiter Position Open in Dallas

  • hromatka
    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 2005
      Dear RPCV group leaders,

      Please alert your members to the fact that we have a position for a Peace Corps recruiter available in our office in Dallas.  Applications for the position must be to Washington DC by June 1 2005.

      Regional Recruiter Position Open in Dallas

      Please check the Peace Corps website (www.peacecorps.gov) for full details on how to apply for this position. Note that applications must be in by June 1, 2005

      Sharon

      Sharon E. Sugarek

      Manager

      Dallas Regional Recruiting Office

      Peace Corps

      214-253-5402

      214-253-5401 (fax)

      The following is an excerpt from the job posting.

      Series/Grade:

      FP-301-7 (Equivalent to GS- 7)

      Vacancy Number:

      PC5-185

      Opening Date:

      05/18/2005

      Closing Date:

      06/01/2005

      Location:

      Office of Volunteer Recruitment and Selection Dallas Regional Office Dallas, TX

      Salary Range:

      FP-7 $35,531-$42,426

      Required Qualifications:

      In order to be selected for this position, applicants must be U.S. citizens, must not have been employed in intelligence-related activities. Applicants must have 52 weeks of specialized experience with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successful the duties of this position, as describe above, and this is typically in or related to the work of this position. To be creditable specialized experience must have been equivalent at least to the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression. The specialized experience must have included: 1) Two years of experience as a Peace Corps Volunteer or two years of experience equivalent to Peace Corps Volunteer that has equipped the applicant with knowledge of intensive volunteer service in a multi-cultural environment. All education and experience requirements must be met by the closing date of this vacancy announcement.

      Desired Qualifications:

      Desired Qualifications: Highly competitive applicants will have experience and/or education in all or most of the following: 2) Interpersonal skills necessary to develop professional relationships with academic officials, the media, and community representatives; 3) Ability to communicate in an articulate and persuasive manner as required for public speaking, media engagements, and personal interviews; 4) Demonstrated experience in recruiting, sales or marketing; 5) Demonstrated knowledge of computers and the Internet.

      To receive maximum consideration, it is essential that applicants specifically address how they meet the Mandatory and Desired Qualifications.