RPCV to visit Dallas

  • chapinr75081
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2005
      We received an e-mail from Thaine Allison Jr., Malaysia 62-62, who
      served in Sabah North Borneo. He will be in Dallas to promote a
      documentary film about a hostage situation involving the colonial
      residents in Borneo along with some Americans and the rebels who took
      them captive during the 60’s. One of the hostages was a Peace Corps
      volunteer at the time. The documentary is called Return to Limbang
      and relates the story of the British marines who rescue the captives.
      The movie follows up with interviews of the parties involved forty
      years later. Allison’s best friend was one of the captive and he
      participates in the film. If you are interested in learning more
      about the film check out
      http://www.brushfirefilms.com/returntolimbang/pages/reviews.html. The
      movie is Thursday night by Thaine is in town until Saturday morning.
      If you are interested in meeting with Thaine we will have a gathering
      at the Trinity Hall Pub at Mockingbird and Hwy 75 at 6:30 p.m.
      Friday, May 6th. Hope to see some of you there.
      If you have any questions contact Roger Chapin at 972-234-2190 or at
      Chapinr@....