Hearts and Hammers!

  • Gary C Zimny
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2001
      Hello everyone!

      Our annual community service project workday with Hearts and Hammers is
      scheduled for Saturday September 15, 2001. A member of our Returned
      Peace Corps group founded Hearts and Hammers about 15 years ago, and we
      (RPCVs) have participated at all levels since. We really bring smiles to
      the faces of the home owners, bring back their pride in their homes, and
      upgrade the housing stock of our city.

      We will be working this year on the home of Dorothy Trudell and her
      husband at 3522 Jeffries in the Fair Park area of South Dallas. They
      have lived in the house for over 20 years, and we will be scraping,
      painting, replacing porch posts, hanging a new back door, fixing siding
      and some yard maintenance. It is a fairly straightfoward house, and the
      homeowners are very nice.

      Please mark you calendars for that Saturday, to start at 7:30 in the
      morning. With enough volunteers we should finish before 4pm, just in
      time to return to the Hearts and Hammers warehouse for burgers,
      refreshments and good companionship. I am team captain, and will keep the
      list of who says they are coming and let everyone know more details as
      the date approaches.

      I look forward to hearing from all of you!

      Gary Zimny
      214.357.8337
      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.