Jazz for Peace

  • kbrady
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2005

      Hi! I�m new to this group and wanted to let you guys know about a really wonderful benefit coming up for an organization I volunteer for called Animal Guardians of America, a nonprofit, no-kill animal rescue organization out of Dallas.

      Jazz for Peace, a nonprofit organization out of New York that unites people of all race, color, creed, and religion will hold a special benefit performance for Animal Guardians of America, Sunday, February 27th. In 2002 Israeli, Palestinian, and American jazz musicians, along with musicians from four other continents perfomed with Jazz for Peace at the United Nations. Since then, Jazz for Peace has raised money and awareness for over 75 charitable organizations. Proceeds from the concert will go directly towards healing injured animals in the DFW community and will aid the payment of expensive surgery bills.

      Animal Guardians of America rescues stray, abandoned, and neglected animals, bringing about their recovery as healthy, well-treated companions, and promoting such care and compassion for all animals. Currently, the rescue does not have a shelter and finds foster homes for its animals before they are adopted to permanent homes.

      The performance is at Citizen, a restaurant at 3858 Oak Lawn Ave., at 7pm, Sunday February 27th. Free sushi rolls and egg rolls will be provided. Advance concert tickets are $25 and can be purchased at www.jazzforpeace.org. Tickets can also be purchased at the door for $30.

      Please attend this wonderful benefit! We would love to meet new, like-minded people!

      Kay Brady

      www.animalguardians.com