Service project to build a nature trail at Lake Ray Roberts

  • Burkholder, Megan
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2004

      June 5 is National Trails Day and the REI is teaming up with Texas Parks and Wildlife and Lake Ray Roberts State Park to create an interpretive nature trail for National Trail Days at the Johnson Branch Unit of the lake.

      Texas Parks and Wildlife has graciously offered to allow project participants to utilize any tent site at Johnson Branch at no cost nights of June 4 and June 5.  REI and will be brining their fleet of rental boats for volunteers to use Saturday evening June 5 and Sunday morning June 6.

      If you are interested in participating, please contact me and let me know.  I am not sure if I want to camp or go for the day.  But, you are more than welcomed to camp.  I will need to know by May 25.

      Megan Burkholder

      Regional Recruiter

      Romania 2000-2002

      Phone: 214-253-5417 or 1800-424-8580, option 1, X-5417

      Fax: 214-253-5401

      www.peacecorps.gov