Archival Project Visit to Dallas

  • chapinr75081
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 22, 2004
      This was sent to the NTPCA and I thought I would pass it along
      to the members who might be interested in assisting Bob in this
      project. If you would like to contact Bob to discuss or meet with
      him please contact him directly with a copy to me at
      chapinr@.... If there are more than one person who would like to
      meet with Bob perhaps we could arrange a joint meeting with him.
      Roger Chapin

      Date: 1/20/2004 4:33:11 PM Eastern Standard Time
      From: Bob Klein <ayzee@...>
      To: <north_Texas_Peace_Corps@yahoogroups.com>, Roger Chapin
      <chapinr@...>

      Dear Roger,
      This is a request for your assistance in beginning
      the process of establishing the Archival Project
      (see below) in the Dallas area. I am planning a visit
      to Dallas to meet with any RPCVs who might be
      interested in participating in the Project. My proposed
      dates are: Tues 2/3 through Thurs 2/5
      I'd be happy to meet with individuals or a small
      group.

      Bob Klein (Ghana 1961-1963), Project Organizer

      The RPCV Archival Project
      The Project works in cooperation with the Kennedy Library to
      afford the greatest number of former Peace Corps Volunteers the
      opportunity to include their stories in the National Archives and to
      assure that these materials are properly preserved as part of the
      public record. The Project organizes the taping of oral history
      interviews and the screening for donation of
      RPCVs┬╣ personal papers.
      The RPCV Collection of the Kennedy Library is the repository for
      personal materials that relate to the individual and group
      experiences of those who served as Peace Corps Volunteers from its
      inception in 1961 to the present. It consists of papers, such as
      letters, diaries, and journals, illustrative sets of photos, oral
      history interviews, and other items of unique archival value. The
      Collection is part of the National Archives and Records
      Administration.
      The Project is endorsed by the National Peace Corps Association and
      functions primarily through its geographic area Affiliates, with the
      goal of having the archival activities become part of each Group. The
      Project provides orientation and training in the techniques and
      procedures needed.
    • chapinr75081
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2004
        For those of you who expressed interest in the oral history/archival
        project of the Peace Corps experience, Bob Klein will arrive in
        Dallas on Tuesday and stay through Thursday to meet and discuss the
        project. We will meet in the coffee shop area of Borders Book store
        located on the corner of Lovers Lane and Greenville, immediately east
        of Hwy. 75. Bob will be there both Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. If
        that does not work out for you please contact Bob directly at
        ayzee@... or call him at 520-977-2120 to make other
        arrangements. Hope to see you there.
        Roger Chapin