Advice for PCV?

  • Tenja_Timber
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 27, 2003
      Good Morning.

      My name is Janet. I am currently a PCV in Ghana. I will COS in
      August, and I'm trying to figure out what I will do when I come back
      to the states. I am currently on vacation, so I'm in north Dallas
      until Jan 15.

      My undergraduate degree is in Electrical Engineering, but I'm now
      trying to change directions. I want to pursue International
      Development in graduate school (or else anthropology or
      sociology...). The only money I will have when I come back will be
      the money that the PC gives me, so I need to find a way to pay for
      school. Then there is the issue that most international devel.
      schools require fluency in a second language - which I don't have.
      Plus I think I will have to wait until Fall 2005 to actually start,
      so I need a relevant job for almost a year. If any of you have any
      advice for any of these areas, I would be extremely grateful.

      Thank you.
      Janet Robbins
      tenja_timber@...