Reminder - Hearts & Hammers

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 12 10:02 PM

      Hearts & Hammers

      Date: Saturday, September 20, 2003
      Time: All Day

      Hearts and Hammers is an all volunteer organization RPCV Bob
      to assist elderly and disabled Dallas homeowne This year�s
      is located in the Fair Park neighborhood at 3121 McDermott Ave.
      The house needs to be scraped, painted, rotted wood replaced,
      build a handrail, etc. We will need a full crew of 20-25 folks,
      and if you feel you don�t have any technical skills please
      come because you will learn on the job and have a fulfilling
      time. Lunch will be provided. What to bring: 3 empty gallon
      plastic jugs, 4� paintbrushes, scrapers, any painting stuff
      you have, sunscreen, a hat, beverages (no beer), your toolbox,
      broom, hearts, rags, circular saw, LADDERS, hammers, yard tools
      and lots of elbow grease. Contact: Gary Zimny
      Solomon Islands, 1977-80
      214.357.8337 home; 214-649-3637 cell; zimzim9@...
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3 10:02 PM

        Hearts & Hammers

        Date: Saturday, September 18, 2004
        Time: All Day

        Hearts and Hammers is an all volunteer organization founded by
        Dallas RPCV Bob Walker in 1984 to assist elderly and disabled
        Dallas homeowners. Throughout the year the H&H Planning Council
        works with the City of Dallas to identify homeowners who need
        assistance to keep their homes� exteriors within city code.
        H&H gathers materials, volunteer teams and resources, each team
        chooses a house and does the needed-and much appreciated
        work-once a year on workday.

        This year our N. Texas Peace Corps Association house is located
        in East Oak Cliff near the zoo at 1510 Peru Ave. Our homeowners
        are Mr. and Mrs. Jessie Arbor, both retired, he from Firestone
        and she as a beautician. They have lived in the house for 41
        years, and though Mr. Arbor has a pacemaker now he continues to
        enjoy gardening and keeping up his yard.

        The work the house needs is straightforward and very much
        needed-scrape, paint, replace rotted wood, build a handrail,
        etc. We will need a full crew of 20-25 folks, and if you feel
        you don�t have any technical skills please come because you
        will learn on the job and have a fulfilling time.

        I�m continuing to seek free lunch for us all-but if not
        we�ll buy it in the neighborhood somewhere. Anyone know any
        resources for lunch? Will your company/group sponsor our lunch?

        What to bring: 3 empty gallon plastic jugs, 2 4�
        paintbrushes, scrapers, any painting stuff you have, sunscreen,
        a hat, beverages (no beer), your toolbox, broom, hearts, rags,
        circular saw, LADDERS, hammers, yard tools and lots of elbow
        grease. I am your captain this year, please call me to sign up
        and ask any other questions.

        Directions: Take I-35 south through downtown Dallas, exit 8th
        St. and go left back across the highway. Follow 8th a mile or
        so to Corinth St. and go right. After about 5-6 blocks go
        right on Peru. The house is 1/2way up the block on left.

        This is always a fun and worthwhile community service we do, and
        the smiles and appreciation of the
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 10 10:02 PM

          Hearts & Hammers