Reminder - Guadalupe River Tube Trip & Camp Out

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 11 10:02 PM

      Guadalupe River Tube Trip & Camp Out

      Date: Saturday, July 19, 2003
      Time: All Day

      Spend the weekend with RPCVs, our families and friends from all
      over (and
      out of) the State of Texas. Jerry Hamm is organizing this fun
      float trip
      gathering of Southwest region RPCVs and friends of Peace Corps.
      We will rent
      inner tubes and float down the Guadalupe River. The Guadalupe is
      always cool
      and refreshing. Much of the river is lined with tall trees that
      provide a
      lot of shade while floating (but do bring your sunscreen to be
      on the safe
      side). Saturday night we will be tent camping at Whitewater
      Sports (2 blocks from Abbott�s). Whitewater has 65 acres of
      campgrounds. The cabins at Abbott�s are not far from where we
      will be camping if you are not tent camping.Saturday
      evening we will be grilling out at our campsite. There is a
      nearby grocery
      store where you can buy things for the grill. Most of us will be
      driving
      home Sunday morning.

      WHEN: Saturday, July 19

      WHERE: For tubing, gather at 10:30 a.m. at Abbott's River
      Outfitters
      (830-964-2625) and plan to be on the river by 11:00 for five
      hours of tubing
      and water fighting down the Guadalupe. Abbott's is 20 minutes
      from downtown
      New Braunfels. New Braunfels is midway between Austin and San
      Antonio.

      INNER TUBE COST: $12 each for tubes with bottoms. Kids under 6
      years old are
      not allowed on the river.

      LODGING: Abbott's has cabins, condos or tent sites available on
      first-come, first-served basis. The cabins have one room with 2
      double beds
      in them and cost $20 per night for 4 people. The condos have
      full baths,
      kitchen, dining area and a deck. These are $40 per person (eight
      people
      minimum to rent). Tent sites are $7.00 per night. Make your own
      reservations
      with Abbott's for whichever one you prefer (Abbott's River
      Outfitters,
      830-964-2625).

      BREAKFAST: There is a great breakfast place nearby for those who
      would like
      to go to breakfast Saturday morning (9 a.m. for this).We will
      meet at The
      Old Sattler Baking Co., which is about 1.5 miles from Abbott's.
      To get to
      the restaurant, first go to the intersect