Reminder - Guadalupe River Tube Trip & Camp Out

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 4, 2003

      Guadalupe River Tube Trip & Camp Out

      Date: Saturday, July 19, 2003
      Time: All Day

      Spend the weekend with RPCVs, our families and friends from all
      over (and
      out of) the State of Texas. Jerry Hamm is organizing this fun
      float trip
      gathering of Southwest region RPCVs and friends of Peace Corps.
      We will rent
      inner tubes and float down the Guadalupe River. The Guadalupe is
      always cool
      and refreshing. Much of the river is lined with tall trees that
      provide a
      lot of shade while floating (but do bring your sunscreen to be
      on the safe
      side). After we get off the river we will be camping at
      Abbott�s. Saturday
      evening we will be grilling out at our campsite. There is a
      nearby grocery
      store where you can buy things for the grill. Most of us will be
      driving
      home Sunday morning.

      WHEN: Saturday, July 19

      WHERE: For tubing, gather at 10:30 a.m. at Abbott's River
      Outfitters
      (830-964-2625) and plan to be on the river by 11:00 for five
      hours of tubing
      and water fighting down the Guadalupe. Abbott's is 20 minutes
      from downtown
      New Braunfels. New Braunfels is midway between Austin and San
      Antonio.

      INNER TUBE COST: $12 each for tubes with bottoms. Kids under 6
      years old are
      not allowed on the river.

      LODGING: Abbott's has cabins, condos or tent sites available on
      first-come, first-served basis. The cabins have one room with 2
      double beds
      in them and cost $20 per night for 4 people. The condos have
      full baths,
      kitchen, dining area and a deck. These are $40 per person (eight
      people
      minimum to rent). Tent sites are $7.00 per night. Make your own
      reservations
      with Abbott's for whichever one you prefer (Abbott's River
      Outfitters,
      830-964-2625).

      BREAKFAST: There is a great breakfast place nearby for those who
      would like
      to go to breakfast Saturday morning (9 a.m. for this).We will
      meet at The
      Old Sattler Baking Co., which is about 1.5 miles from Abbott's.
      To get to
      the restaurant, first go to the intersection of FM 306 and FM
      2673. Go 1.47
      miles down FM 2673. The restaurant will be on your right in the
      town of
      Sattler.

      Wear tennies on the river. Ice chests (with be
    • ashley spencer
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 5, 2003
        Hey everyone. I just wanted to let you know that
        I have moved to Atlanta, Georgia. Please remove
        me from your list. If anyone knows any similar
        groups in Atanta, please let me know. I am
        anxious to get involved. Thanks again for your
        help. I hope everyone had a safe and fun fourth
        of July. Good luck with your Guadalupe trip and
        camp out.
        Ashley Fairleigh
        --- North_Texas_Peace_Corps@yahoogroups.com

        http://sbc.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 11, 2003

          Guadalupe River Tube Trip & Camp Out

          Date: Saturday, July 19, 2003
          Time: All Day

          Spend the weekend with RPCVs, our families and friends from all
          over (and
          out of) the State of Texas. Jerry Hamm is organizing this fun
          float trip
          gathering of Southwest region RPCVs and friends of Peace Corps.
          We will rent
          inner tubes and float down the Guadalupe River. The Guadalupe is
          always cool
          and refreshing. Much of the river is lined with tall trees that
          provide a
          lot of shade while floating (but do bring your sunscreen to be
          on the safe
          side). Saturday night we will be tent camping at Whitewater
          Sports (2 blocks from Abbott�s). Whitewater has 65 acres of
          campgrounds. The cabins at Abbott�s are not far from where we
          will be camping if you are not tent camping.Saturday